Sunday, September 11, 2016

Feedback Thoughts

Quote by purehappylife.com found at Flickr

Personally, I think I am rather good at receiving feedback. I am pretty good at taking negative feedback and turning it into positive motivation. If someone tells me that I did something wrong or that I can’t do something. I almost always use it as motivation to do better. Where I struggle is getting positive feedback. I normally do not like the attention because I am a shy person. I liked the article about the difference between self-esteem and narcissism. My older brother could be considered a narcissist because he was always good at everything and everyone told him this. Now he puts in very minimal effort into everything he does. I, on the other hand, was less talented but I put in the work to succeed which keeps me more humble than him.

1 comment:

  1. Your photo caught my attention. It makes a very good point. I like your positive outlook. I also take criticism and turn it into motivation to strive to do my best. It is unfortunate that you do not enjoy getting positive feedback. Your writing is well deserving of such praise. If you work hard, and other people notice, be proud of yourself. I understand what you are saying about people who come to expect complements and let it go to their head. It is sad that people take things for granted. We can all do better or try harder, maybe your brother will look up to you for your hard work and effort.

    ReplyDelete