Sunday, August 28, 2016

Storybook Favorites


This storybook was about ghosts in British castles as the title very clearly explains. The introductions does a great job explaining what the storybook will consist of. It has an interesting style of writing from the point of view of a ghost who will be guiding you on a tour of the castles. It has a quick attention grabbing joke to start off which is what prompted me to continue reading. At the end of the introduction page, there was a creepy picture of a ghost. This picture grabbed my intrigue and made me want to see the rest.


This storybook described how the world works from the legends and stories of Australian culture. The title didn’t tell me a whole lot about what the storybook would include; however, my intrigue with Australia brought me to the page. The introduction didn’t grab my attention but the side bar on the left with the page names, made me want to continue. This storybook doesn’t seem to convey too much information with the title or introduction however, it does make you want to read on in order to learn more about the stories.



The homepage immediately grabbed my intrigue. The picture of the pirates and the poem below made me want to continue on through this storybook. The title does enough to grab your attention without giving away too much information. The introduction was very informational and prepared me for what I was going to see; however, it didn’t do very much to entertain and keep me hooked. I like the layout of each page which starts with a picture followed by the paragraphs. This is a good strategy because I like the pictures and they keep me reading.

Ghost. Web Source: Fizzy Energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment