Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Favorite Place....Seaside

My family went to Seaside, Florida every summer between when I was around the age of 8 until I was 21 (with a few missed summers). It is the one place other than my hometown that I saw change from year to year. It used to be this little, family town back when I was young. Now it is a more developed adult atmosphere. As much as I hated the changes, it seemed to grow with me. I love going back to the town with my family. As one of my friends said when we were 9 years old or so, "It is one big bubble of fun."
Picture of the welcoming sign in Seaside, Florida
M. Fitzsimmons. Source: Wikipedia Commons

1 comment:

  1. Aha, Tim, I saw "Seaside" in that picture, so I knew we were not in Oklahoma... but I wasn't sure in what state, and then I read your post: Florida! Having a regular family vacation spot sounds like a beautiful tradition. And that sign is so cute, with the population including cats and dogs ha ha. Very nice!

    Maybe you will want to do a project for this class about legends of the sea... as you can imagine, the sea and its mysteries is a big theme in mythology and folklore from all over the world! :-)

    ReplyDelete